In light of the new GDPR regulations, our Peace & Loaf team have been reviewed and updated so our business and your data is now GDPR compliant. At Peace and Loaf, we take your data collection seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the services or products you have requested from us.
Where we get your data from
- Bookings through our Peace & Loaf website as well as Open Table. To read their privacy price please click here: https://www.opentable.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Comment cards – In the restaurant members of our Peace & Loaf team regularly hand out cards for you to fill in, this card has an email address section where you can enter you email address.
How we use your data
- We only use your data to provide you with news, competitions, offers or general information about the Peace & Loaf team.
- Your information is never shared or sold to any third parties, it is solely used for the purpose that you provided it.
- We promise to keep your information safe
- We promise not to sell your data to third-parties
- We give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices; you can opt out or change your preference at any time.
- We keep a record of when and how we get consents and what you were told at the time of providing your data.
How the law protects you
The law says that we must have one or more of these reasons to collect your data:
- We can only collect your data with your consent
- When it is our legal duty
- If and when we need to fulfil a contract with you
- When it is in our legitimate interest (which we must clearly define)
Your rights :
- The GDPR regulation of ‘transparency’ means you have the right to be informed about how we will use your data.
- You have the right to request your data from us
- You have the right to complain to your data protection regulator – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s office.
How long do we keep the data for?
- We do not have a time limit on keeping your data, therefore you information will be stored with us unless you opt out and ask to be removed from our data list.
What if you ask us to stop using your data?
- As mentioned above, you can ask us to stop using your data at any time by unsubscribing and ‘opting out’ of being contacted further.
- You also have the right to query or complain if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data protection impact assessment: This will allow an organisation to identify and fix problems at an early stage. For further guidance see the Information Commissioners Office: https://ico.org.uk/